19 June, 2010

Trouble brewing

I always know that I'm going through a tricky patch in life when the activities and things I love don't feel like fun anymore and inspiration is lacking. It's at times like these I feel like I'm stuck in a rut - but it's a comfortable rut, and one that I don't want to leave.

There's nothing wrong with having times where things just don't go to plan - it happens to everyone and it's part of life. The problem arises when it seems like to much effort to get out of the rut and get things going again.

I've been in a such a rut for a while now in my creative outlets. I've shunned all the creative projects I've taken on this year, preferring instead to sit in front of the computer or television for long stretches of time. Brain-numbing? Yes. Productive and happiness-inducing? Not so much.

The important thing for me is to realise that I'm in such a rut (which can be hard - it's so easy to make excuses about it) and then making a conscious effort to change the thought patterns and behaviours that keep me there. So help me, I'm going to get working on some creative outlet activity every day. You're looking at the first effort.

On a totally unrelated note: GO SOCCEROOs! I can't wait to see the match tonight! I was planning to go into the FIFA FanFest in Darling Harbour with a few friends to watch the game, but my head cold has turned into a chesty cough and a nasty headache, so I'm being sensible and staying home, out of the cold. Not as much fun, but eminently warmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment