07 July, 2010

iPod Lotto: The First

I often get comments on the interesting mishmash of music I have on my iPod. To be perfectly honest, I listen to a wide variety of music and I like to have a variety available to me. This can lead to interesting (and sometimes downright weird) results when I play iPod Lotto.

What is iPod Lotto? It's my term for shuffle - I feel it describes the results I get more accurately.

I had monster drive home tonight - 1.5 hours thanks to traffic chaos. What's a girl to do? Crank up the music and indulge in a little iPod lotto. I hit the Gaga Jackpot tonight with three Gaga tracks in the mix and found what I got was great for keeping me (relatively) happy on the way home.

Here's what my iPod felt like playing tonight, in order:

Chicken Payback - The Bees
Hand that Feeds - Nine Inch Nails
Nine in the Afternoon - Panic! At the Disco
Root Down - The Beastie Boys
Unsent Letter - Machine Gun Fellatio
Ride On Time - Black Box
The Others - TV Rock vs Dukes of Windsor
Soup Kitchen - Eva Trout
Let It Be - The Beatles
Take Me Away - Lash
Teeth - Lady Gaga
Crazy Little Thing Called Love - Queen
Holy Groove - Yolanda Be Cool
Walking Away (Tocadisco remix) - The Egg
Hustler - Simian Mobile Disco
Intergalactic - The Beastie Boys
Reptiles - Them Crooked Vultures
Sly PI - Fatt Dex
Happy Up Here - Röyksopp
Get Down - Groove Armada
Selfless, Cold and Composed - Ben Folds Five
I Want I Want - Digitalism
Speechless - Lady Gaga
Again Again - Lady Gaga
Pure Massacre - silverchair
Semi Charmed Life - Third Eye Blind
Toxic - Mark Ronson feat. Tiggers

2 comments:

  1. I love it when I can play iPod Lotto! (Or Zen Lotto or whatever player I have with me LOL) ... only chance really to do that is when I drive by myself.. which isn't often :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love playing itunes lotto, although I have been banned from doing that when the other half is home as it can be a little jarring given the mix of our two music collections. Personally I think a gregorian chant following Metallica is perfectly acceptable!

    ReplyDelete